Alison E. Berman | San Francisco, CA
• Able to manage and execute multiple content projects and deadlines simultaneously.• Experienced in creating content from both an editorial and marketing lens.• Deep understanding of digital media and multi-platform storytelling for organizations.• Professionally build and manage relationships with thought leaders and C-level executives.• Thrives on collaborative teams and in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments.• Clear narrative voice with an intuitive and adaptive approach to writing.• Able to distill complex subjects into concise and compelling stories.
Singularity University, Digital ProducerMay ’17 – Present (Mountain View, CA)
• Lead ideation, development, execution, and reporting of content campaigns across a variety of formats (e.g., video, written, graphics, audio), to elevate organizational thought leadership and drive business goals.
• Write educational content on emerging technology aligned with organizational perspectives and values.
• Manage hiring, onboarding, payment, and budgeting of freelance writers for editorial team.
• End-to-end production of content campaigns for organization’s national industry conferences, including creating editorial calendar, booking interviews, writing interview questions, and hosting on-camera videos.
• Gatekeeper on inbound contributor content. Conduct first round reviews and route to editors.
• Launch “automated August” content campaign, putting website on auto-pilot, and reallocating time to new content experiments. (Drove a 61% increase in traffic, resulting in highest traffic month since 2015.)
• Streamline daily editorial calendar and publishing in partnership with web, editorial, and social producers.
Singularity University, Staff Writer (SingularityHub.com)July ’15 - May ’17 (Mountain View, CA)
• Wrote feature articles on emerging technology, leadership, industry advances, and entrepreneurship.
• Scripted and hosted weekly technology news video, Top Five Stories From Around The Web.
• Collaborated with Singularity University faculty to write articles that showcased industry-specific work.
• Acted as “the voice of Singularity U,” while covering conferences, startups, and corporate initiatives.
• Produced Exponential Entrepreneurs, a series of interviews profiling young social entrepreneurs.
Anchor & Leap, Founder (AnchorandLeap.com)Dec ’14 – Sept ’15 (Digital)
• Designed website, branding, copywriting, and shot original photography.
• Conducted interviews and crafted profiles on inspiring individuals.
• Established relationships with entrepreneurs, founders, and pro athletes.
Meredith Corporation, Marketing ManagerMarch ’14 - Nov ‘14 (New York, NY)
• Managed account portfolio totaling ~$3 million in program revenue for blue chip clients.
• Created and upheld project timelines with clients and agencies; directed campaign kick-off calls.
• Activated integrated marketing campaigns across print, mobile, digital, and experiential elements.
• Produced national events: brand activation, logistics, budgeting, collateral creation, vendor management.
• Worked with President and Publisher to design and execute National Sales Meeting for 65 team members.
Rodale, Inc., Business Development Associate, Content MarketingJune ’12 - March ’14 (New York, NY)
• Conceptualized and pitched multi-platform content marketing programs to clients.
• Project management and contribution to RFP responses that drove approximately $2M in sales. (e.g., Johns Hopkins Medicine, Kellogg Company, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Vail Resorts, Cigna.)
• Responsible for end-to-end sales process from prospecting, pitching, deal closing, to launch.
• Launched Rodale Grow blog and Twitter account; developed content strategy and editorial calendar.
Rodale, Inc., Facilitator of Social Media Think TankOct ’13 - Nov ’13 (New York, NY)
• Facilitated company-wide think tank formed by CEO.
• Built and lead design thinking workshops to create a new social media monetization strategy.
• Coached teams through brainstorming, ideation, market research, concept development, and positioning.
Rodale, Inc., Digital Strategy Intern, Content MarketingJan ’12 - May ’12 (New York, NY)
• Worked with Director of Digital Strategy to form integrated online strategies for existing content programs.
ReWork, Organizational Storytelling + Content StrategistMay ’15 - July ’15 (San Francisco, CA)
• Worked with CEO to build a new brand voice during leadership transition.
• Developed content strategy, newsletter templates, and channel distribution plan.
WeWork, Contributing Writer (WeWork Magazine)Oct ’14 - Feb ’15 (Digital)
• Contributor for online magazine, covering startups and how-to content for entrepreneurs.
SPEAKING & TEACHING
Stanford University, SpeakerSummerFuel Social Enterprise Program (July ’17)
Proctor Academy, TeacherJournalism Course, ‘Telling True Stories’ (March ’17)
Proctor Academy, Assembly Speaker‘Designing A Meaningful Career’ (Oct ’16)
TEDx Panthéon Sorbonne, TEDx SpeakerWisdom From Ancient Heroes to Build Technology That Matters (June ’16)
Harvard Business School, Design Thinking FacilitatorSocial Enterprise Conference (Feb ’15)
Sarah Lawrence College, Bachelor of Arts, May 2012Majors: Economics, Writing, Philosophy.
Stanford University, Women Leaders: Mastering Organizational Strategy (Course) (2016)
Stanford University, Compassion Cultivation Training (Course) (2015)
StartingBloc Institute for Social Innovation, Fellow (2014)
+Acumen and IDEO.org, Human-Centered Design For Social Innovation (Course) (2014)
Wordpress, Asana, Wrike, Microsoft Office Suite, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, HootSuite, Prezi, Airtable, TypeForm, Squarespace, Medium, Photoshop, Advertising Database, Mintel: Global Research & Marketing Insights, Slack.